Your goals in this part of the project are:
- To understand topics related to Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) networks
- To create a study guide / study notes that will help your peers understand the same
I provide the following guidance questions:
1. What is the basic measurement model for a GPS/GNSS pseudorange?
2. What is the functional model for GPS/GNSS pseudorange point positioning. For this you can use the case of 4 satellites and do the work in an earth-centered cartesian X, Y, Z frame. Include a clear indication of what is the network datum in this case, and what are the four unknowns . Also include a sketch of the situation.
3. What is the linearized form of the above model? I want to see you use the same process of linearization we used in class to result in a 4 x 4 design matrix, , as well as the misclosure vector, . This and the previous question are very much about modeling and linearizing multiple distance measurements. As such, I would like you to use and show the same steps we used here.
4. What is Dilution of Precision (DOP) and its key values? What do they tell us and why does that matter?
5. What is differential GPS (DGPS or DGNSS) and why do we need it? What is a DGPS baseline and roughly how accurate would you expect them to be today?
6. Tell me about the adjustment of networks of DGNSS baselines. Include notes on blunder detection and include the parametric equation used for such an adjustment.
I will provide some key resources.